6 gallon hook up help

Please use the Forum of conversations about Cross Link Conversions' boiler systmes

6 gallon hook up help

Postby Yodeman4 » December 27th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Ok so i purchased a kit last year. I love it but i just don't think I hooked it up right. I purchased a 6 gallon rheem tank from HD and hooked it up. The bottom of the tank (under the tank ) i have running to the pump to kit and back to hot outlet of tank. Next i have radiant heat so i draw from the cold inlet to radiant heat than back to lower outlet of tank. Im running magnum countryside stove. Just not seeing high temps. I do have a mixing valve. Any suggestions?
Yodeman4

Re: 6 gallon hook up help

Postby admin » December 30th, 2015, 7:15 pm

Call Tommy 612-306-6403
Tom Breuer
admin
Site Admin

Postby Yodeman4 » January 1st, 2016, 11:04 am

20160101_110108-1-1-1.jpg
20160101_110108-1-1-1.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 3005 times
Yodeman4

Postby admin » January 1st, 2016, 6:02 pm

Thanks for giving me a call I hope that we got it figured out and things will work good for you now
Tom Breuer
admin
Site Admin

Postby Yodeman4 » January 3rd, 2016, 1:36 pm

Tommy
Its up and running, im making heat and on to save money. Thank you for the help and yes it does do more than i could imagine.
Yodeman4

Postby royerm » January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm

Yodeman4 wrote:Tommy
Its up and running, im making heat and on to save money. Thank you for the help and yes it does do more than i could imagine.

Yodeman4... for the benefit of the group could you elaborate a bit on what was wrong to help maybe help
other in the future.. Regards
royerm

Postby Yodeman4 » January 9th, 2016, 7:17 pm

Yes i can. I always had hot hot water on top and cold cold water at the bottom of the tank. It did heat my radiant heat system . So with that my stove would now have to heat the rest of the tank once there was no demand for heat. By the time the tank can up to temp the demand for heat would be called for thus my stove never shut down.
I had the feed to my radiant heat at the top of my tank and i had the return from the stove at the top of the tank as well. So by changing the supply and return from the radiant on the tank it now mixes much better and my stove now cycles saving on me burning pellets. Im now bringing all of my zones up to temp one at a time so i will post again to let everyone know how i made out. I am running about 1600 sqft in my house and i have 900 sqft in my garage.
Yodeman4

Postby Yodeman4 » January 23rd, 2016, 6:51 pm

Ok well I'm not seeing any savings don't know what i am doing wrong. I will keep at it but I've spent way too much money now.
Yodeman4

Postby Yodeman4 » February 3rd, 2016, 9:29 pm

Update :
Ok now I am going to update. Well I made a drastic change to 6 gallon tank hook up. I was at my last try before scrapping the whole project. So the only thing I could do was to hook up the tank one more possible way. Now i can say is that I finally hooked it up right. i am not using the white 6 gallon tank that i see on here. I am using a Rheem gray tank. I am using the drain at the bottom underneath to run to the stove. The drain does not come open, you have to drill it out. Ok next,now I am going out of the stove into the cold inlet. It is the one at the bottom on the side of the tank. Next 3/4 of the way up is the pressure relief valve. I took that out and that is my feed to the radiant heat. And finally is the hot outlet at the top on the side of the tank, that is my radiant heat return. I am still playing around with the pump for the stove to get the best result for heating the tank. But i can honestly say that NOW yes indeed am heating my house and detached garage with this kit and i am heading for a savings. I am running a magnum countryside stove that doesn't shut off just draws down to a pilot flame so there also i am playing with that to get it dialed in. So if anyone gets a kit and wants to hook it up right the first time this is the trick. Also i took out the kits thermostat. Sorry for anyone to think that i was doubting this kit, I knew that the kit was working. I also figured that the tank was not hooked up properly. So my pains are your gains if anyone purchases a tank like the one I have. I know that Tommy has an excellent product and he will be getting some business from at least 3 maybe 5 of my coworkers. Tommy this kit is great it was all me hooking it up wrong. I tried to copy what i saw with that white tank that other people have but it won't work. I will try to post some pictures. I need to tie up some wiring and make it look more presentable.
Yodeman4

Postby royerm » February 4th, 2016, 11:04 am

glad that you solved it....cheers
royerm

Return to Cross Link Conversions