Is there a eco-65 kit?

Please use the Forum of conversations about Cross Link Conversions' boiler systmes

Is there a eco-65 kit?

Postby hyfire » March 31st, 2015, 7:43 pm

Hi, I heard someone on the pellet forum showing your cross link kit for the eco-65, do you plan to sell more of these? Also would this unit work well with your kit? Any idea of the GPM and temps you kit is designed around? The stove is 65 K BTU. Would I lose a lot of output temp at the stove itself after installing the kit?

http://www.modinehvac.com/web/Hot-Dawg/ ... Rs-5eH4YUF
hyfire

Re: Is there a eco-65 kit?

Postby tommy » April 2nd, 2015, 8:16 am

hyfire wrote:Hi, I heard someone on the pellet forum showing your cross link kit for the eco-65, do you plan to sell more of these? Also would this unit work well with your kit? Any idea of the GPM and temps you kit is designed around? The stove is 65 K BTU. Would I lose a lot of output temp at the stove itself after installing the kit?

http://www.modinehvac.com/web/Hot-Dawg/ ... Rs-5eH4YUF

hyfire
Hello
As of now the first eco-65 kit has been sent to ( royerm ) of this forum.
How it will be used is for helping a forced air furnace with a 150k plentum water heat exchangerusing a 8 gallon storage tank.I am working with him to costomize the kit for his eco-65pellet stove.The heat exchanger is the same sq inches as the kit for the Countryside mag stoves.( you may see what the countryside stoves and thier kits are doing for others on this forum. )
I exspect the kit to help out about around 75 persent if not more for heating his home.Most countryside stoves and thier kits are being used for infloor heat,so forced air is yet tobe be seen how this size kit will do in this style stove.I will not make any other eco-65 kits untill I see how the numbers come out from royem. You may use the PM part of this forum to ask him about his kit and get first hand info. As everyone can do to see word of mouth from kit users.
So royerm postings will be the one to get the answers on how well it does.As far as infloor I do not see why it would not do 3000 sq.ft I designed the kit to handle 2 to 3 gallons per min of water flo and make around 20 to 30 del-t ( difference it water temp in to out ) of the kit at 2 to 3 GPM some people push upto 5 gpm thru there kit depending on there homes settings.
Homes using the bumble taco pump will see the gpm display be up to 14 gallons per min this is only wait the pump is spinning at not wait is accully going thru the kit .It is more of a pressure reading pushing thru the kit.I say to use a muti speed pump to tweek the water flow for the home the kit is in as each homes system is different.Remember my kits are to assist the homes main heat soarse .Please see other postings and the testimionys of others on how there kits and stoves are doing .To see if a crosslink Conversions kit will be a good Investment for your home.
tommy
tommy

Postby hyfire » April 2nd, 2015, 8:01 pm

Thanks for the explanation Tom, I will wait until Royerm gets his up and running and see this results. The eco-65 can be modified to fire harder if needed with a few simple adjustments, and some added heat protection above the door.
hyfire

Postby royerm » November 21st, 2015, 8:21 am

As a follow-up, I'm in the middle of the installation right now.
I will post picture and result when done. Some logistic with my forced air
furnace has to be determined....See ya soon
royerm

Postby hyfire » November 21st, 2015, 8:34 am

Perfect keep the updates coming!
hyfire

Postby royerm » December 1st, 2015, 1:25 pm

As promised here's my install of the Crosslink kit on an Eco-65.
Looking at the picture, return is on the right and Hot on the left.

Running at setting 3 on the pellet stove and my fan running constantly
which has the effect of cooling the water constantly i'm getting 110F out and return at 90 which proves me
that my taco pump running in Delta mode is doing it's job.

I powered off my furnace fan and the water got up to 140F, then I turned on my fan
and the temperature at the register was showing 100F compare to 80F when I'm on the heat pump.

An aquastat is in the mail so that I will turn the fan On at 130F and off probably at 120F and
see how I'm doing.

when I was running the fan constantly with a 110F OUT the entire house was more balance in heat
than when I ran the pellet Only and the Fan ON.

I'm convinced that I can keep the house warm entirely but will continue to experiment for the best solution ..
Attachments
0006.png
0006.png (3.12 MiB) Viewed 2311 times
0005.png
0005.png (3.17 MiB) Viewed 2311 times
0004.png
0004.png (3.18 MiB) Viewed 2311 times
0003.png
0003.png (3.06 MiB) Viewed 2311 times
0002.png
0002.png (3.04 MiB) Viewed 2311 times
0001.png
0001.png (3.16 MiB) Viewed 2311 times
royerm

Postby tommy » December 1st, 2015, 5:00 pm

Nice job when you hook up the aquastat for your furnace fan you can set the temps higher if you need more air duct temp for colder day etc.
tommy

Return to Cross Link Conversions