kits and boilers

Please use the Forum of conversations about Cross Link Conversions' boiler systmes

kits and boilers

Postby tommy » November 30th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Here is a hand drawing of a simple loop to hook up a kit to a boiler.
And a water heater dia. of a tube heat exchanger for water heater tanks.
http://www.centralboiler.com/Tech/C100.pdf
Attachments
IMAG0023.jpg
hand drawing
(1.15 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
tommy

Re: kits and boilers

Postby tommy » December 24th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Here is a customers video of his system adding it to his Boiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKPYZK7ohEo
tommy

Postby 67whitestingray » April 2nd, 2013, 9:46 am

Hi Tommy. I have a question on the hand drawing of a boiler and kit. You have the pump pushing cold water out of the boiler to the pellet stove and kit. Can You push hot water out of the pellet stove to the hot water tank frist and then to the boiler? Thanks.
67whitestingray

Postby tommy » April 2nd, 2013, 9:36 pm

67whitestingray wrote:Hi Tommy. I have a question on the hand drawing of a boiler and kit. You have the pump pushing cold water out of the boiler to the pellet stove and kit. Can You push hot water out of the pellet stove to the hot water tank frist and then to the boiler? Thanks.

The answer is yes
A pump MUST ALLWAYS push water thru the kit with nothing between the pump and the kit.In the hand drawing the pump is sucking from the boilers supply tank and pushing the water to the kits pipe with the chech valve going in to the kit .After the water comes out of the kit you may do what ever youn need to do with it.I show the hottest water being used first going thru a side arm heat exchanger on a water heater .Because most side arm heat exchangers only take out around 5 to 7 degrees to heat the water heater then you still should have plenty of energy left ( temp ) to go to your boiler or what ever.
tommy

Postby 67whitestingray » April 3rd, 2013, 10:52 am

Ok Tommy I understant now, but, can I install My pump near My pellet stove and pump water in to it? Or is it better to have the pump closer to the boiler? or does it matter as long as it pumps to the kit frist? Thanks.
67whitestingray

Postby tommy » April 3rd, 2013, 11:09 am

67whitestingray wrote:Ok Tommy I understant now, but, can I install My pump near My pellet stove and pump water in to it? Or is it better to have the pump closer to the boiler? or does it matter as long as it pumps to the kit frist? Thanks.

I have seen pumps as far as forty feet from the kit ( as in the one you tube video of the guy with the dog grooming busines ) and I have seen them as close as 1 foot. ( as long as it pumps to the kit frist )
tommy

Postby tommy » November 26th, 2013, 7:06 pm

Here is a nice efficient dia. for baseboard and infloor heat using a kit
Attachments
IMAG1283.jpg
IMAG1283.jpg (57.39 KiB) Viewed 4040 times
tommy

Return to Cross Link Conversions