Harman P38 install

Please use the Forum of conversations about Cross Link Conversions' boiler systmes

Harman P38 install

Postby pelletpro » December 19th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Has there been any installed on a p38?
pelletpro

Re: Harman P38 install

Postby tommy » December 19th, 2011, 9:51 pm

I have kits for them How ever not sold any for that model harman yet.
tommy

Postby pelletpro » December 20th, 2011, 7:30 am

Is there any cutting or hole drilling to the side off the stove for install?
pelletpro

Postby tommy » December 20th, 2011, 4:41 pm

Yes It is the only way to get above the fire pot where the heat is around 1400 degrees (can do really any good).Like cooking a hot dog over the fire where there is not much heat lose while the water gets heated so the stove can still provide the hot air that you bought it for.
Please see the Post ( Installing infomation and Helpfull links) on this forum .Here you can see the instructions for a Harman stove.
tommy

Postby tommy » March 2nd, 2014, 6:37 pm

Yes I have been selling kits for the harmans p38 and the p43A's and they are doing a great job.
Hi Tommy,

I've been running for a month now with the crosslink conversion and its doing an excellent job.

My house is 1200 sq ft modified ranch, with a System 2000 boiler, which makes the domestic hot water and 3 zones of baseboard heat. The Pellet stove is a Harmon P38+.

The System 2000 boiler, has a more efficient controller and low water volume, 1.5 gallons.

The boiler does two things to save oil;

-It does not keep the water at temperature. It starts the burner for 1 minute before opening a zone valve (circulator is running).

-It has a heat purge at the end of the heat cycle, so the boiler is not left hot. It is a 5 minute purge for the hot water and 20 minute for a heating zone.

Having the Crosslink connect to the boiler has not interfered with the System 2000 normal operation. If the pellet stove falls behind, the System 2000 burner kicks in at 120 degrees and runs for about 2 minutes to get back to set point. This sometimes occurs when two heated zones call for heat at once. The volume of cold water returning to the boiler causes the boiler to fall below 120 degrees. This is because of the low water volume (in the boiler) and low mass (stainless steel, not cast iron) of the System 2000.

Prior to the CrossLink Conversion my pellet stove was used to only heated one area of the basement to 55 degrees. My pellet stove was using around a bag of pellets every 30 hours. Now heating the house and making hot water I'm using two bags a day. I was using 500 gallons of oil for a whole year (hot water & heat), I'm hoping to see that drop to 100 gallons a year. My pellet usage is going to jump from 1.5 ton to 2.5, maybe 3 ton which means I may not save that much money, but I have lowered my carbon foot print.

Best Regards,

Larry

I have told Larry to try setting his p38 on stove temp then he can control his temp and pellet usage alot less usage on pellets than running it in the room temp auto mode,and his kit does put out up to 25 Delta-t just like the big boys ( tommy )
tommy

Return to Cross Link Conversions